Thursday, May 19, 2011

Clipped!

I was on my way to the inbound GWB the other day, so I course I was sitting in traffic.  I heard a motorcycle approaching, and a sharp *CRACK*rose my right. I turned to see the prick nail my passenger side mirror.

C’mon, seriously? Lane sharing isn’t even legal in NY, so if you are going to do it, at least learn how to ride a bike, and try not to hit a stopped car.

So the damage wasn’t as bad as I thought – only the glass portion of the mirror is shattered, and the mirror housing is fine, or it will just buff out. But here’s the problem. I can’t find this part anywhere. Its one of those auto-dimming, defroster mirrors (great invention, BTW), and no one sells just the glass. So here I am now, and my car has a huge blemish right before I tape my segment for metro NY commuting.

Here’s a picture. Don’t ask why a photographer is using his blackberry’s camera so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment