Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Hypothesis About the Corolla

I have a theory.

After logging enough miles, you start to notice certain things. You might disagree with me. And as soon as you start looking into this particular observation, you will agree with me, and then you wont be able to stop seeing it.

So here is my theory- While Toyota produced hundreds of thousands of Toyota Corollas from 1993-2009, in a variety of colors, I am pretty sure at least 95% of those cars sold were some form of Champagne color. I have no math or statistics to back this up. Sure, the called it things like desert sand metallic, cashmere beige, mica, Sandrift and pebble beige, but they were all really the same color, which can be generally classified as a beige / tan champagne color. I think its followed by white and black, but the sheer number of tan cars out there is startling.

Odds are you or one of your friends owned one of these Corolla generations. Odds are it was one of these colors. My apologies in advance,  because now you won’t be able to stop noticing this.

 

[caption id="attachment_374" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="A look at champagne corollas through the ages"][/caption]

 

1 comment: