Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Feature: Broken Down

So I had an idea for a new feature: My dad always told me to take notice of all the cars broken down on the side of the highway when we go driving, and when it comes time for you to buy a car, don't buy what you saw broken down. Sounds simple, but this is good advice - We live in a day and age where you can't really believe reliability surveys from any car manufacturer, and sometimes a really-real-world test is what you see on the side of the road.

So what spurred this? well today, it was the 2007 Nissan Versa in the right lane of the lower level of the GWB at a dead stop, which I nearly hit at 60 MPH. Bad place to stop, even with your hazards flashing. I have heard not -so-good things about the Versa, especially given Nissan's legendary reliability of the bulletproof VQ motors. Guess I'll keep an eye out for more of them.

So from now on, I am going to report on what I see broken down, and perhaps chart it out using some crazy Excel skills at the end of the year for a completely unscientific test.

No comments:

Post a Comment