Monday, April 21, 2014

Today I bypassed the Cross Bronx traffic with this one weird trick. You’ll never believe how….

Before reading any further, yes that headline is indeed a satirical play on the current crop of Buzzfeed headlines. But seriously, today I tried something new. On approach to the Throgs Neck, the Traffic Time sign told me the Cross Bronx / 95S (CBX) was going to be over an hour. The 278/87 route on the other hand was 20 minutes. I have never attempted this way before, because looking at my map it just did not make sense. It seemed to be miles out of the way, and dip into the Bronx. Figuring I had nothing to lose, I exited right before the wall of brake lights, and hoped for the best.


And wow, that was easy. The lesson learned today is that if the CBX sucks, hop on to the Bruckner/287 West, and take that a few miles to 87N/Major Deegan. The signs won’t say GWB at first, but just keep following them, and it will drop you off much faster than taking the Triborough bridge route. I have been driving the same route  for nearly 7 years, and was pleasantly surprised to finally find a viable CBX alternative.

Sure, its a couple miles out of the way, but taking the Bruckner/278W instead of the CBX can save you a lot of time

No comments:

Post a Comment