Monday, June 27, 2011

Car stuff I can't live without - Part 1

I guess since I am doing this whole blog thing, I have to schill some products every once in a while, right? I'll start today with Rain-X.

There some things I can't live without.  One of those things is Rain-X. The principle of its functionality is what makes it so great - The faster you go, the better it works.

It's a simple design. You apply a silicone barrier to your windshield and it beads away water when it's raining. But besides making it so much easier to see in the rain, it also makes bugs come off easier, as well as ice and snow. I also buy the huge  orange jug 0' Rain-X for wiper fluid that is good for -25 degrees. I guess sometimes I think I still live in Utica and need a -25 degree wiper fluid, but that's rarely the case anymore. You rarely get hit with a lake effect storm on the Northern State.

The downside? for some reason, your windows are more likely to fog up while using it. But this is a minor inconvenience given its benefits.  Also, don't use it on your rear windows or mirrors, because not enough wind hits this to be effective.

Try it, you wont be disappointed.

Up next in this series - PIAA's.

No comments:

Post a Comment