Friday, March 25, 2011

America's worst traffic roads- and I have sat on 8 of the the top 10.

So I am sitting in dead stop traffic the other day on I-35 North of  Austin, TX wondering to myself, "Wow, this road sucks.  I wonder how it compares o the CBX?"

Imagine my delight today to find out that Autoblog published a story (via  TheDailyBeast ) gathering GPS data to determine the worst roads for traffic in America. While I'll worry about the fact that anyone has access to my GPS data at another time, I found this story to be very interesting, and mostly because I have driven pretty much all of these roads, during rush hour at some point in my life.

Here is the top 10. While I haven't driven #2 and #10, I feel confident that these rating are pretty solid - but I feel as if something isn't quite right with the data, as it omits The 5 Freeway through LA and all of downtown Atlanta. Also I think #4 is a special case -  normally it flows alright, but when that drawbridge opens up, you have to add two hours to your trip time.

And shouldn't it raise a red flag somewhere that 3 of the top 10 are all I-95 within  few hours of eachother?

1. Riverside Freeway/Calif. Highway 91 eastbound, Los Angeles

2. Lunalilo Freeway/I-1 eastbound, Honolulu
3. California Delta Highway/Calif. Highway 4 westbound, San Francisco
4. I-95 southbound, Washington, D.C.
5. Bruckner/Cross Bronx Expressways (I-95 southbound), New York
6. I-35 southbound, Austin-Round Rock
7. Connecticut Turnpike (I-95 northbound), Bridgeport8. I-405 southbound, Seattle
9. Bayshore Freeway (U.S. 101 southbound), San Jose, Calif.
10. Kennedy/Dan Ryan Expressways (I-90/I-94 eastbound), Chicago

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/25/gps-data-gives-us-the-top-20-worst-commutes/

1 comment:

  1. Sign up to streammate for free using our link below and when you log in and you will have $20 free credit to use and browse the site.

    http://www.weight-loss-fast.eu/stream/3.gif
    Click the banner above to see free web cam samples.

    ReplyDelete