Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's like a battlefield out there

I hate it when my articles come to fruition. The evening and morning commutes are nothing short of warfare out there this week. Really. I would love to record the insane acts of terrible driving I am witnessing, but that would require my attention to lapse for more than a mere second, which could be deadly. On the CBX this morning, I passed three consecutive rear-endings in the left lane within a mile of each other. Sideswipes are happening everywhere. No one knows where their exit is, and the EZ Pass lanes are nightmarish.

Possibly the one thing that makes me the most sad this time of year is seeing how angry and rude people get out on the road. There is no kindness, only anger, horn honking and aggressive driving.

But be safe out there. Be smart, give everyone some distance for error, and realize a lot of those out there driving this holiday season don't drive these highways often enough, and are typically nervous and ill prepared for the amount of traffic. They rely solely on GPS for Navigation, so their attention is elsewhere, and this must be anticipated.

I am probably taking a break for a bit. I am off for the holidays, and then immediately heading to Vegas for CES, where I am then going to visit a friend out in AZ. should be a great fun rise through the desert.

Drive safe and happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment